Climbing and Trekking of Damavand
The Route is: Tehran ? Polour ? Damavand ? Polur ? Larijan ? Tehran
|Season||All around the year|
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Tehran / Tehran|
|Hotel Rate||Camp/Shelter and hostel|
|Vehicle||Depends on the size of the group|
Mount Damavand, a potentially active volcano, is a stratovolcano which is the highest peak in the middle east and the highest volcano in Asia (5671m).
Damavand has a special place in Persian mythology and folklore. It’s in the middle of Alborz range, adjacent to Varārū, Sesang, Gol-e Zard, and Mīānrūd. It’s near the southern coast of the Caspian Sea, in Amol County, Mazandaran Province, 66 kilometers (41 miles) northeast of the city of Tehran.
Mount Damāvand is the 12th most prominent peak in the world and the second most prominent in Asia after Mount Everest. It is part of the Volcanic Seven Summits mountaineering challenge.
- Visit the capital, a mixture of modern and traditional lifestyles.
- Visit Larijan, the small village with hot mineral springs.
- Climbing and camping in high altitude
- Stay at the top of the highest volcano of Asia
- Acclimatization experience
- Photography in a unique nature
- Enjoy trekking in the beautiful Alborz mountain range.